Northwest Mud Trucks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Mud Trucks

Pacific Northwest Forum For Mud Racing, Mud Trucks, Trail Events And Anything Truck And Dirt Related

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mopar question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudallica

Mudallica

Mopar question Empty
PostSubject: Mopar question   Mopar question EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:01 pm

OK I am finally getting around to installing the tranny I got from Buddy Lee. Came up on one snag... the bolt pattern on the torque converter is different than my old torque converter.

I have already asked some questions and found out that a 318 is internally balanced and a 360 is externally balanced. Both torque converters have about the same amount of weights on them in similar locations so I believe that both are from 360's.

So the question is this... should I run my old torque converter with the new used tranny or should I try to locate a flex plate that will allow me to use the torque converter from the tranny I bought from our moderator?

Also... question #2. Since I didn't realize the 360 is externally balanced, I did not pay attention to how the torque converter was lined up on my motor. The only marking I see on it is a hole drilled in it... does that hole signify where the weights should go when I line up the torque converter? Or does it matter?

Last edited by Mudallica on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://mudallica.com
rebelfab

Mopar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mopar question   Mopar question EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:26 pm

do not use your converter if it came out of a bad trans unless you have it flushed. but you should be able to find a flex plate to match
Back to top Go down
back to basics again

Mopar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mopar question   Mopar question EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 12:21 am

Hey to answer your question about the converter. it will only bolt up in one direction... if it is a pre 96 aplication... there is a small dime sized marking on the converter, it will be farthest from the small hole in the flexplate. Or closest I cant remember right now. but it will only fit one way, you can always measure the bolt holes and set it up that way to be sure. Have fun let me know if I can help with any other mopar ?
Gerry
Back to top Go down
Mudallica

Mudallica

Mopar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mopar question   Mopar question EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 10:34 am

well I went with the new/used tranny and used my old torque converter. It is running quite well and I plan on changing the fluid and filter before I get too moch run time in on it just to be safe.

Also looking for a longer driveline since I am now using a 208 instead of a 203. anyone got a driveline for a dodge longbed with a 208 married transfer case?
Back to top Go down
http://mudallica.com
Sponsored content

Mopar question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mopar question   Mopar question Empty

Back to top Go down

Mopar question
Page 1 of 1