Northwest Mud Trucks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Mud Trucks

Pacific Northwest Forum For Mud Racing, Mud Trucks, Trail Events And Anything Truck And Dirt Related

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlikely fix for wierd symptoms

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gustav129

gustav129

Unlikely fix for wierd symptoms Empty
PostSubject: Unlikely fix for wierd symptoms   Unlikely fix for wierd symptoms EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 10:35 pm

When I left Cory's house last night, I noticed the Brown Trout was running rough, but only stopped in gear (ran normal in Park and Neutral). As I was pulling up to Shucks to get some oil and a filter, It had sounded like an exhaust leak. Kind of a "puff puff puff" coming from underneath. When I got home, I crawled underneath, and it sounded like it was coming from between the cat and muffler. I was thinking "Great, clogged up the cat and now I need a new exhaust."

Well, I crawled underneath to change the oil today. First thing I saw was a wire hanging down. Looked up to see one of my plug wires had come off, so I plugged it back in. When I starteded it back up to check the oil level, the "exhaust leak" had dissappeared, so I put it in R, and it idled smooth.

So far, that's the smoothest V-7 I've ever come across.

Oh and I put 20-50 in. I ran up to Safeway, and came back, stopping at the Steer Inn. At the Steer Inn, I noticed the tick was a little quieter. So when I left, I ran her hard to Euclid to bump up the pressure, and then to my street off of Euclid. I had the radio on, so I wasn't really listening to the motor. As I was coasting to the house, I turned the radio down, and the tick was gone as I idled to a stop in front of the house. We will see tomorrow when I leave for the car show if the 20w-50 trick worked for me. I don't want to try the extreme 90wt trick I know one person has done successfully.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gustav129
Mudallica

Mudallica

Unlikely fix for wierd symptoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unlikely fix for wierd symptoms   Unlikely fix for wierd symptoms EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 10:56 pm

20-50 trick? You run oil? Get a Ford. They run just fine forever on black sludge that has got to be at least 220 weight. Good oil is for silly people who run Chevy's, Dodges and Internationals!
Back to top Go down
http://mudallica.com

Unlikely fix for wierd symptoms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Northwest Mud Trucks :: NWMT Tech Forums :: Engines-
Jump to: