Northwest Mud Trucks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Northwest Mud Trucks

Pacific Northwest Forum For Mud Racing, Mud Trucks, Trail Events And Anything Truck And Dirt Related

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

300 six- selling it makes it run better

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudallica

Mudallica

300 six- selling it makes it run better Empty
PostSubject: 300 six- selling it makes it run better   300 six- selling it makes it run better EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 9:58 pm

So a guy comes by tonight to look at my 300 six. He pulls one spark plug wire at a time and gets to #6 and the RPM's don't change.

I pulled that sparkplug and for some reason the prong was bent. I re-gapped it and suddenly the motor has more power than ever. Hmmm..... wonder how many races I could have won had I pulled that plug and noticed it sooner?

Still waiting to hear back on whether the sale is a go or a no go. Once I sell the motor I am putting in a H.O. 351Windsor that really screams. At least it has factory intake and carb plus manifolds... I won't be jumping to Street and Trail class. I will be running in stock V8. Don't think I have ran in that class for years!

In other updates, Mudallica is running. I still have yet to make a rear driveline for it... but it is running and wanting to race. Herbie is running good and fully functional as well. One emergency addition...I have a 1973 Chevy truck that I have approx $0 invested into but it is a running driving 4x4 with 33 inch tires. So the Mudallica farm has gone from trying to have at least one running rig to choices. Hmmm...which one do I want to take out today?

So before I get too involved chopping and welding a new driveline that surely won't be balanced... if anyone has a driveline to fit a 1976 1/4 ton Dodge longbed to a 208 transfer let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://mudallica.com
gustav129

gustav129

300 six- selling it makes it run better Empty
PostSubject: Re: 300 six- selling it makes it run better   300 six- selling it makes it run better EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 10:34 pm

If you don't sell it, you should run it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gustav129

300 six- selling it makes it run better
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Northwest Mud Trucks :: NWMT Tech Forums :: Engines-
Jump to: